Saturday, February 17, 2024

No Defects

 Scripture:

”“If you present an animal from the herd as a peace offering to the Lord, it may be a male or a female, but it must have no defects.“ ‭‭Leviticus‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

These first three chapters of Leviticus talk about bringing offerings to the Lord. This verse tells us that if we present an animal from the herd, it must have no defects. God wanted a pure and perfect sacrifice. He didn’t want people to offer Him their worst of the flock or the weakest of the flock. God wanted the very best of the flock.

Application:

When we serve God, we should always give Him our very best. We don’t have to offer sacrifices of animals anymore because of the perfect sacrifice of Christ, but we offer Him our lives daily. We should always give God the firstfruits, the best of what we get. He doesn’t want our leftovers. He wants our sacrifice.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be an acceptable sacrifice to You. I lay myself before You today and declare that I want to give You my very best. I don’t want to hold back my gifts, talents, treasures, etc. from You. I offer You my life. I want to live a life that brings honor to Your name. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment