Friday, February 9, 2024

God’s Way, Not Mine

 Scripture:

”Bezalel son of Uri, grandson of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, made everything just as the Lord had commanded Moses.“ ‭‭Exodus‬ ‭38‬:‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Bezalel was an incredible craftsman. He oversaw the construction of everything to be used in the Tabernacle. The beauty of his life is that he was amazing at what he did, but he knew how to take orders and fulfill what God wanted instead of what he wanted. He was a very talented artist, but built according to what God said and not his own variation of what God said. His goal was not to show off his artisanship, but to do what God said to do and how God said to do it.

Application:

We like to do things our way. We like to build what we want rather than asking God what He wants. The Tabernacle was very ornate, but it was ornate with the things God wanted and not with whatever Bezalel wanted. We like to do things FOR God, but God wants us to do things WITH Him in the way He wants it done. When we do things God’s way instead of our own way, we see powerful results. I want to work with God in doing things His way and not my own.

Prayer:

Father, I want to please You with my life. I want to do things Your way and not my own. Teach me to wait on You for Your will and desires instead of charging forward to do what I want to do. Help me to discern what is of You and what is of me. Show me how to please You in every way as I live out my life. I long to do exactly what You want me to do in the way You want me to do it.

Yours Forever,

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment