Monday, December 30, 2019

Worthy of our Very Best

Scripture:

“You say, ‘It’s too hard to serve the Lord,’ and you turn up your noses at my commands,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “Think of it! Animals that are stolen and crippled and sick are being presented as offerings! Should I accept from you such offerings as these?” asks the Lord.”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭1:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Lord gets on His people’s case about their whining, “it’s too hard to serve the Lord”.  He says they are bringing stolen and crippled offerings to Him.  God doesn’t want us to offer Him something that costs us nothing or that is not our best.   A true sacrifice must cost us something. He blesses those who offer Him their very best.

Application:

I don’t want to offer God my leftovers.  I want to offer Him my very best.  I don’t want to give Him anything that has no value, but to give Him the best part of my life.  God is worthy of my best gifts, my best sacrifices, and my best time.  I need to prioritize my life so that God doesn’t get a little piece of my leftovers, but the best of my life.

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for being too complacent in my walk with You.  Light up my devotional life and help me to walk closer with You in 2020.  Teach me to delight myself in You and to give You my very best.  You are my Lord and my God, help my life to reflect that Better each day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment