Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The Refiner’s Fire

Scripture:

“He will sit like a refiner of silver, burning away the dross. He will purify the Levites, refining them like gold and silver, so that they may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the Lord.”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage the Lord says He is coming and will sit like a refiner of silver.  He will burn away the dross.  It says He will refine the Levites like gold and silver “so that they may once again offer acceptable sacrifices to the Lord.”  The purpose of the refining is so the priests could offer acceptable sacrifices once again.

Application:

God has always wanted nearness with His people.  He has always made a way for His people to come to Him.  His goal for us is always better than our goals for ourselves.  When we feel like we are being refined, it is not just to punish us, but to cleanse and purify us, so He can walk closer to to us.  His desire in the purifying is to improve our priestly relationship to Him.  When we walk through the fire, we are cleansed, purified and able to draw nearer to the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, cleanse me.  Purify my heart and let Your Spirit flow through my life.  I want nothing between You and me.  I want my life to bring You honor and glory.  Your are my reward.  You are my strength and my desire.  I long for You.  Come and purge my life so Your glory can grow stronger and stronger.  I want to see revival in my generation.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment