Wednesday, December 11, 2019

God Always Has a Plan

Scripture:

“Now the Lord had arranged for a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights.”
‭‭Jonah‬ ‭1:17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

I love this passage because it shows me that God always has a plan.  Even though He was punishing Jonah with the storm, He had a plan to rescue Jonah from dying in the sea.  The Lord has incredible power to arrange things in our lives to bring about our salvation and our repentance.  He is always working to bring us closer to Him.

Application:

I see from this scripture, that even when God is punishing us, He is still a rescuing God.  He knows how to arrange the circumstances of our lives to bring about His will.  Our best place is the simple place of obedience because God will bring about His will in the earth and it is much better to listen the first time than to run from the call of God.  I need to walk in confidence that, even when I think I have messed us and missed God on something, He will arrange something to redeem the situation.

Prayer:

Lord, you are amazing!  You always have a plan and a back up plan.  Teach me to listen the first time and respond when You call me to do something.  Help me to hear clearly and walk in confidence in Your voice and Your word.  I want to live in obedience and not in regret.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment