Friday, December 6, 2019

Walking Together

Scripture:

“Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?”
‭‭Amos‬ ‭3:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Amos is sending out a strong rebuke to Israel and the surrounding nations because they hd turned their backs on God.  I have heard this verse used over and over again about two people walking together, but didn’t realize it was really God walking with Israel.  They couldn’t agree on a direction. In other words they weren’t going the same way God was.

Application:

God is all wise, all-knowing, and all-powerful.  If we are going to walk with Him, we must agree on the direction.  If we truly believe He is all-wise, all-knowing and all-powerful, then we would do well to follow His direction instead of our own.  My job is not to try to get God to do things my way, but to let God set the direction of my life and line myself up with His direction.  He sets the direction I am to walk, I must walk in it, then we can walk together.  I don’t want to walk alone through life.  I want to be one who walk with the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk with You as Enoch walked with God.  I want to go Your direction.  make Your will clear for me to see at all times and give me the strength to walk the way You direct.  Thank You for healing my knee in the physical so I can walk again with out pain.  Now give me strength to walk with You through life.  You set the course and we will walk together.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment