Monday, December 23, 2019

Seek the Lord

Scripture:

“Seek the Lord, all who are humble, and follow his commands. Seek to do what is right and to live humbly. Perhaps even yet the Lord will protect you— protect you from his anger on that day of destruction.”
‭‭Zephaniah‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Zephaniah sees that God’s punishment if coming on His people because of their sin and disobedience.  He tells them to seek the Lord and follow His commands.  He says to do what is right  and live humbly before God, then He will protect them from His anger on the day of destruction.  God is always looking out for those who humble themselves before Him.  Humility attracts the favor of God.

Application:

God love sit when we humble ourselves before Him.  If humility attracts His favor and blessing, we must come to realize He is more able to lead our lives than we are.  We must begin to seek Him with humility and cry out to Him to rescue us.  I need to humble myself before the Lord and seek Him more.

Prayer:

Lord, You are good and Your mercy endures forever.  You are faithful and kind to those who love You.  Let my life be a life of humility before Your throne.  Help me to walk humbly before You and to always seek Your face.  I want You in my life.  I want Your favor and blessing on my life.  I want You to bless my family and the church I lead.  Let Your Kingdom come and Your will be done in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment