Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Setting Your Affections

Scripture:

“Don’t set the affections of your heart on this world or in loving the things of the world. The love of the Father and the love of the world are incompatible.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:15‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, John reminds us of what Paul told the Colossians, “set your affections on things above, and not on this world.”  John goes on to say that the love of the Father and the love of the world are incompatible.  Loving God and loving the world can’t work together.  We must set and local our affections in on the things of God and His kingdom.

Application:

We need to set our affections in the right place.  My affections are the things I long for.  My desires need to be on the things of God above everything else.  I need to live in this world, but not be controlled by this world.  I need to be part of this world, but not allow the cravings of this world to dominate my life.  My pursuit must be the things of God, then He will take care of the rest.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to set my affections on You and Your kingdom.  Teach me to walk in this world, but not to have all of my affections here.  Don’t let me get sidetracked with the things of this world, but let me finish he work You have sent me to do.  Heal my leg today I ask You in the name of Jesus.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment