Friday, December 13, 2019

The God of Miracles

Scripture:

““Yes,” says the Lord, “I will do mighty miracles for you, like those I did when I rescued you from slavery in Egypt.” All the nations of the world will stand amazed at what the Lord will do for you. They will be embarrassed at their feeble power. They will cover their mouths in silent awe, deaf to everything around them.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭7:15-16‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God speaks to His people through Micah that He would do mighty miracles for them like He did in Egypt for His people.  He said all nations would stand amazed at what He will do for them.  Their power will look feeble compared to the awesome power of the living God.  He has always been the God of miracles.  he proves Himself to the world through miracles.

Application:

I felt like this morning’s reading was a direct word for me personally.  It was like the Scripture flew off the page.  “I will do miracles for you”.  I have always believed that a miracle settles the issue for people who argue about the validity of God.  I am preaching a series on the Miracles of Christmas currently and I am looking for God to begin to do miracles in my life, my church and my region.  I believe that God’s word needs to be confirmed with signs, wonders, and miracles.  Today has increased my faith for miracles.  I believe, but I need to come to a higher level of belief.

Prayer:

Father, You are the God of miracles.  You worked miracles all through the Bible and I have seen You work miracles in my life.  I want You to demonstrate Your power once again and let the world see the awesomeness of the Lord God Almighty.  Pour out Your Spirit and move in and through Your church again.  Let the world the see Your goodness and power.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment