Monday, December 9, 2019

The Unifying Commandment

Scripture:

“This love means living in obedience to whatever God commands us. For to walk in love toward one another is the unifying commandment we’ve heard from the beginning.”
‭‭2 John‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

John tells us here that real love causes us to obey God’s commands.  He goes on to say that walking in love toward one another is the UNIFYING commandment that they has heard from the beginning. Obeying God’s commands here means walking in unifying love towards God’s people, our brothers and sisters.

Application:

Walking in unity and love sounds like the most simple command, but it is probably one of the hardest commands we will ever be given.  We must learn to walk in love, serve others, and strive for unity in the body of Christ.  I need to reach out to some people to bring unity and will do that this week.  I want to see the fulness of God’s power and glory.

Prayer:

Father, let my life bring love and unity in Your body.  Help me to continue the path of unity in my personal life, but also n Your kingdom.  I have slowed my work towards unity in the body and I ask You to enable me to pick it back up and continue the journey.  Let my life demonstrate love and unity for Your kingdom.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment