Saturday, December 7, 2019

A River of Righteousness

Scripture:

“Away with your noisy hymns of praise! I will not listen to the music of your harps. Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice, an endless river of righteous living.”
‭‭Amos‬ ‭5:23-24‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God was rebuking His people for turning to other gods, even while worshiping Him.  He tells them “Away with your hymns of praise!  I will not listen to the music of your harps.”  Instead, He told them He wanted to see a mighty flood of justice and a river of righteousness.

Application:

We must never be a people who worship God with our lips, but don’t serve Him with who we are.  God loves our praise, but He is more concerned about our right living.  If He has to choose between our praise and our righteousness, He will always choose our righteousness.  Powerful and acceptable worship and praise comes from hearts of those who are truly following the Lord.  We can’t praise a God we are not serving.

Prayer:

Father, let my life reflect Your righteousness.  Let my life pursue justice and right living.  Help me to never worship and praise You without living a life submitted to You and Your will.  Teach me to follow You well and to walk in Your paths.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment