Saturday, December 14, 2019

The Door Opener

Scripture:

“Write the following to the messenger of the congregation in Philadelphia, for these are the solemn words of the Holy One, the true one, who has David’s key, who opens doors that none can shut and who closes doors that none can open:”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:7‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

John received the revelation of Jesus Christ on the isle of Patmos.  Here he tells us that Jesus has David’s key that opens doors that none can shut and closes doors none can open.  Jesus has the key of David, which get us where we need to get and closes what needs closed.

Application:

Instead of trying for force doors to open and to hold doors closed that need closed, I need to realize that Jesus is the key that opens doors and shuts doors.  I can push on doors all day long, but is Jesus doesn’t want it opened, I’m pushing in vain.  My walk with Jesus is the most important thing in my life, then I can walk through the doors He opens and I can know that He will shut doors that need shut in my life.

Prayer:

Jesus, You are the key that opens all the doors I need opened.  Help me to walk hand in hand with you.  Teach me to stop trying to open doors and to trust that You will open them at the right time.  Show me the balance of fighting for something by faith and simply trusting that You will give me what I need.  Show me when to push on the door and when to simply a trust You will open it at the right time.  Give me insight concerning doors in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment