Monday, July 30, 2018

Unoffendable

Scripture:

“You are always and dearly loved by God! So robe yourself with virtues of God, since you have been divinely chosen to be holy. Be merciful as you endeavor to understand others, and be compassionate, showing kindness toward all. Be gentle and humble, unoffendable in your patience with others.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells us here that we should be merciful, compassionate, kind, gentle, humble and unoffendable in our patience with others.  These are wonderful virtues to have, but they are also hard to live out unless we walk in step with the Holy Spirit.  He literally says we should be unoffendable.

Application:

We re to live lives that are unoffendable in our patience with others.  Offense comes when we think we have been wronged or taken advantage of.  Offense comes when we think people are talking behind our backs.  If we live unoffendable, then we are going to live a much happier, healthier life.  We must ask God to help us to live above offense, it zaps our spiritual strength.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live an unoffendable life.  Help me to be quick to forgive and to live as Christ would live on this earth.  Empower my life with Your Spirit so that I can reflect you well.  I am Yours and I want my life to make a difference for Your kingdom.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment