Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Not Hindured but Helped

Scripture:

Philippians 1:12. “I want you to know, dear ones, what has happened to me has not hindered, but helped my ministry of preaching the gospel, causing it to expand and spread to many people.”

Observation:

Paul is writing to the people of Philippi and tells them in his introduction that his imprisonment has not hindered but helped his ministry and that it was causing it to expand and spread.  Most people would be complaining about being imprisoned, Paul saw it as an opportunity for more people to come to Christ.  Sometimes our worst experiences are set ups for more to hear about Christ, but we will never see it if our perspective is messed up.

Application:

We must walk daily in the footsteps of Jesus and ask Him to be glorified in our lives.  When we are doing that, He may choose to glorify Himself in our weaknesses or our problems.  We need to stay focused through the storm and problem on the mission at hand, extending the kingdom of God.  Rather than trying to get out of bad situations, we must ask the Lord how it can be used for His glory.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to see things from Your perspective.  If I can reach more people through suffering and problems in my life, then so be it.  I want Your will and Your will alone.  I want to be part of extending Yur kingdom in the earth.  Help me to keep the right perspective.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment