Thursday, July 19, 2018

Even Though

Scripture:

Job 2:3  “Then the Lord asked Satan, “Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless—a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil. And he has maintained his integrity, even though you urged me to harm him without cause.””
‭‭
Observation:

God had already allowed Satan to take pretty much everything Job owned as well as his children.  Everything was taken away from him, but he kept his integrity.  EVEN THOUGH he lost it all, he kept what was important and still worshiped the Lord.

Application:

I want to live an “even though” life.  No matter what happens to me, I want to live a life of worship and a life of integrity.  We need to be people who worship God when things are going our way and when things are not.  He is worthy of my worship, EVEN THOUGH things may not be going my way all the time.  May we learn to worship God and serve Him, even when things are not going well.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are worthy of all honor, praise, and glory.  Strengthen my faith so that even when I’m in a difficult place, I will worship You with al my heart.  Teach me to walk with You and walk a life of discipline before You.  Let my life be a life like Job that You can use as an example.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment