Thursday, July 12, 2018

Remember This

Scripture:

Nehemiah 13:30-31. “So I purged out everything foreign and assigned tasks to the priests and Levites, making certain that each knew his work. I also made sure that the supply of wood for the altar and the first portions of the harvest were brought at the proper times. Remember this in my favor, O my God.”
‭‭
Observation:

Several times in the last three chapters Nehemiah finds out that the people had messed up by sinning on the Sabbath, marrying foreign women, doing what they knew was wrong, etc.  Each time it says Nehemiah went and cleansed everything and restarted the sacrifices.  He also says each time, Lord remember this.  He reminds the Lord that he had been faithful when the rest of Judah wasn’t.

Application:

Sometimes we can get frustrated as leaders when the people we lead don’t do what we know they need to do.  People are like sheep and tend to wander away.  Our job, like Nehemiah’s is to bring them back and show them the right way.  Sometimes it feels like they will newver get it, but we have to put things back in order for the Lord.  We can also remind the Lord that we have been faithful in this when we worship Him.

Prayer:

Lord, You are faithful though your people are not.  Like Nehemiah this morning, I try my best to put things in order and do the right things that will please You.  I want You blessed above all else.  Show me how to lead well because sometimes I feel like saying with Nehemiah, Lord I’ve tried my best and been faithful to You, now show Yourself strong on my behalf.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment