Tuesday, July 3, 2018

God Can Use Anyone

Scripture:

II Chronicles 36:23. ““This is what King Cyrus of Persia says: “The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth. He has appointed me to build him a Temple at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Any of you who are his people may go there for this task. And may the Lord your God be with you!””

Observation:

King Cyrus of Persia heard from the Lord our God and appointed him to build a temple for the Lord at Jerusalem.  In this account, a pagan king was used by God to build His Temple.  The king went to the people and asked if any of them would go work on this task and then he blessed them by saying “may the Lord your God be with you”.

Application:

Even when Cyrus blessed the people, he realized it was “their” God.  God can raise up an outsider to do what is needed for His kingdom.  God can speak to those who are far from Him and cause them to be tender toward Him.  We must realize that God is God and He can do whatever He wants through whoever He wants.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to judge whether someone is capable of hearing from You.  Help me to walk humbly before You all the days of my life.  Teach me Your ways and help me to understand why You do the things You do.  I want to know You.  During this fast, open the heaven and let me hear Your voice clearly about every part of my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment