Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Determination

Scripture:

Nehemiah 6:9. “They were just trying to intimidate us, imagining that they could discourage us and stop the work. So I continued the work with even greater determination.”

Observation:

Nehemiah realized his enemies were trying to intimidate him and were throwing to discourage him, but it says that he worked with even greater determination.

Application:

Many people shut down when faced with opposition, some people welcome it and get more determined than ever.  People who accomplish great things in life are people who are determined, no matter what happens, that they will finish the tast, complete the work, do what it necessary to win, etc.  Determination is that thing in your gut that won’t let you stop, even when things are not going so well.

Prayer:

Father, in the areas that I tend to give up too easily, strengthen and encourage me to live in determination.  Help me to live with internal fortitude that accomplishes great things for You.  Help me to never give up on what You call me to do, but to live with determination and faith.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment