Monday, July 2, 2018

Merely Men

Scripture:

II Chronicles 32:8. “He may have a great army, but they are merely men. We have the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles for us!” Hezekiah’s words greatly encouraged the people.”
‭‭
Observation:

Hezekiah was a godly king who realized that no man can stand against the awesome power of God.  He understood that when God’s people humble themselves and pray and seek His face, that there is no army that can come against the people of God and win.  He encouraged his people that they enemy has a great army, but we have the Lord to fight our battles for us.

Application:

There are many times when it feels like the enemy is winning in our lives.  It seems like he is bigger and stronger than us and that we will fail.  During those times, we must remember that our God is greater than any army than can be arrayed against us.  We can stand strong when we know our relationship with God is good.  He defends His children.

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith.  Help me to see You as the absolute provider, strength, and protector of my life.  Help me to walk in confidence of your calling and your provision for my life.  You are incredible and have always fought my battles, but I still get worried at times.  Help me never to stress out, but to walk confident in my God.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment