Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Purified by Fire

Scripture:

““But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. For I have stayed on God’s paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭23:10-11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Job’s friends were continually trying to explain why he was going through what he was going through.  They wanted to figure it out so they could help him come out of the bad place he was in.  He says to them that when God tests him, he knows he will come out as pure gold because he has stayed on God’s path all the way.

Application:

There is a real confidence in staying on God’s path throughout our lives.  When you know you are innocent, you can have confidence that you are not being punished for something you have done.  You can know that this in only a test because you know you have walked in righteousness.  Innocence builds confidence.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to never walk away from your paths, but stay on the right track all the days of my life.  I want to finish the course well.  I ask you to honor the faithfulness of my parents today and heal their bodies.  They have served You faithfully all the days of their lives.  Take care of them today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment