Sunday, July 29, 2018

Praying for Others

Scripture:

“When Job prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes. In fact, the Lord gave him twice as much as before!”
‭‭Job‬ ‭42:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God spoke to Job’s friends and told them that they had misrepresented Him and that Job had accurately represented God.  God told them that when Job prayed for them, they would be blessed because of his integrity.  Job did what he was suppose to do and when he prayed for his friends, his personal breakthrough came.  When he prayed for others, his fortunes were restored with double what he had before.

Application:

I have found that in praying for others, my life is blessed.  When I pour out my heart to the Lord on someone else’s behalf, I see breakthrough in my own life.  We must never be so self-centered that our prayers are only for us and ours.  We must lift up others before the throne of God.

Prayer:

Lord, let me always pray for those around me.  Thanks for praying through me for the young man in Florida last night.  I was blessed in that time of prayer.  Help me to be sensitive to your voice so You can let me know who to pray for and when to pray.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment