Friday, July 13, 2018

Faith and Love

Scripture:

Ephesians 3:17. “Then, by constantly using your faith, the life of Christ will be released deep inside you, and the resting place of his love will become the very source and root of your life.”

Observation:

Paul says here that by constantly using our faith, the life of Christ is released deep inside us.  He also says that our resting place is His love and that it will become the very source and root of our lives.  The life of Christ is to be lived in us and through us through faith.  Most of us just want him to do what we want him to do in our lives, not to live through us.

Application:

If Christ is really living through my life, then my life is not about what I want or think I need.  It is about Him living through me.  It is about accomplishing His will.  It is about working together with Him as He works in us and through us.  I want to be a vessel Christ can live in fully and completely and that He can work through whenever He wants.  This tells me my life is not my own, but belongs to Christ.  I am His.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to walk in faith more and more so that You can live in me completely.  Let my life be more and more Yours.  Help me to live out of the foundation of Your love and life.  Teach me to yield control of my life to You and to let You live in me completely and fully.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment