Thursday, July 26, 2018

God Speaks

Scripture:

“For God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it. He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they lie in their beds.”
‭‭Job‬ ‭33:14-15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Elihu presents his case to Job and in setting it up, he makes a comment about God that is powerful when you think about it.  He says that God speaks again and again, but people don’t recognize it.  he says God speaks in dreams and visions, but people don’t remember.  God does still speak today, but many don’t hear Him.

Application:

If God still speaks, then my job is to get in the place where I can hear His voice properly and respond correctly.  I need to seek God’s wisdom on everything in life.  I need to honor the dreams of the night and believe God can speak through them.  I need to listen carefully for the Lord.

Prayer:

God, I am convinced that You still speak.  You are amazing and I love You with all my heart.  Teach me to hear Your voice more and more clearly.  I want to walk with You and declare Your words.  I want to walk in the way of wisdom and see Your hand revealed in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment