Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Where Are Your Eyes?

Scripture:

II Chronicles 20:12  "Our God, will you not judge them?  For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us.  We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You".

Observation:

When Judah was about to be attacked by their enemies, they turned to God and asked, "Will you not judge them?"  They realized that they had no power to defeat the enemies that were coming upon them.  They acknowledged that they did not know what to do, but they put their eyes on the Lord.

Application:

When we don't know what to do, we generally stress out and get frantic because things are out of our control.  We need to put our eyes on the Lord instead of the current battle we are fighting.  He is our provision and our defense.  We must put our eyes on Him.  He is the God who does the impossible and our eyes must be on Him.  He is able to do far more than we can even imagine.  Our eyes must remain fixed on Him.

Prayer:

Father, my eyes are on You.  You are the only one who can bring me through this current storm.  Only You can turn things around.  Only You hold the key to my future.  My eyes are on You!  You are my rock and fortress.  You are my joy and my peace!  You are my strength and I look to You to lead me through and defeat every enemy that comes against me.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment