Friday, June 3, 2016

Getting God's Attention

Scripture:

I Kings 21:29  "'Have you noticed how Ahab has humbled himself before me?  Because he has humbled himself, I will not bring this disaster in his day, but I will bring it on his house in the days of his son'".

Observation:

Ahab was one of the most wicked kings in history.  He had set up images for worship of other gods.  He had people killed to get their property.  He allowed his wife to lead him into some terrible things and God had determined to judge him severely.  Then in this verse, God says, "Have you noticed how Ahab has humbled himself?"  When Ahab humbled himself before God, God made sure the disaster that was coming would not be on him, but on his family.

Application:

God takes notice when people humble themselves before Him.  Even when He has pronounced judgment, He will turn it around for those who truly humble themselves before Him.  When we sin, we must humble ourselves before the Lord and ask His forgiveness and repent of our sins.  When we do, he will notice!  Just saying you're sorry does not constitute humility before God. We must demonstrate outward actions of repentance and sorrow for what we have done, then we will get God's attention.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to walk in humility before You.  You are my everything and I want to please You with all my heart.  This year it seems You are always showing me verses about humbling myself before You.  Help me to live in this way.  Teach me to walk in true humility and let me truly demonstrate sorrow and repentance when I mess up.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment