Friday, June 17, 2016

Father Goals

Scripture:

I Chronicles 7:3  "The son of Uzzi: Izrahiah.  The sons of Izrahiah: Michael, Obadiah, Joel, and Ishiah.  All five of them were chiefs".

Observation:

I don't know much about Uzzi and the Bible doesn't record much about this man, but he is a hero to me.  Uzzi only had one son, but that one son had four sons.  These five men the Bible says were all chiefs.  Uzzi did something right in his life somewhere because his descendants were all influential men.

Application:

As a father of two sons, I want to see my sons do great things with their lives.  I want them to be men of significance.  They are pretty much raised at this point and now I am simply a guide to them as they need me, but my prayers will always be that they be chiefs in God's army and men who make a difference with their lives.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, bless my sons and let them become all You have planned for them.  Let them be followers of God and chiefs in Your kingdom.  Let their children be blessed and let them also be influential for Your kingdom.  May Your name be glorified through their lives.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment