Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Success and Obedience

Scripture:

I Chronicles 22:13  "Then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the Lord gave to Moses for Israel.  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or discouraged".

Observation:

David was telling Solomon that he would prepare the provisions for building the Lord a temple, but that Solomon would have to actually have it built because David had shed too much blood.  David tells his son that he would be successful at it if he was careful to observe all the decrees and laws the Lord gave Moses.  He followed up by reminding his son what God had said to Joshua before entering the Promised Land, "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or discouraged".

Application:

We can be confident in the Lord when we are walking in obedience to Him.  When we step out on our own, we lose strength and confidence and we become afraid and discouraged.  We must be people who follow the Lord completely and trust Him fully.  Success and obedience go hand in hand.  God's will is going to be accomplished.  If we want to be successful, we must be doing His will.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing and I appreciate You more each day.  Your unfailing love for me gives me confidence in You.  Help me to walk in obedience to You and Your word.  Help me to fulfill Your will for my life.  Open my eyes to see what You are doing and open my ears to hear Your voice clearly.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment