Saturday, June 18, 2016

Power From on High

Scripture:

I Chronicles 11:9  "And David became more and more powerful, because the Lord Almighty was with him",

Observation:

David became powerful, not because he trained harder than anyone else, which he may have done, but because the Lord was with him.  When God is with someone, they will become more and more powerful  He is able to raise up those who seek His face and to put down those who oppose Him.

Application:

Power doesn't come from education, work, training, etc., power comes from the Lord.  These things help us out along the way and are things we should do, but real power comes from our relationship with the Lord.  When our relationship with God is right, power follows.  We need to spend less time working on making ourselves powerful and working knowing the God of power!

Prayer:

Father, help me to seek You more and more.  Strengthen my resolve to know You deeper and deeper each day.  I want to see Your name glorified in my generation.  I want to see Your power revealed in my day!  I love You and want to make Your name great in all the earth.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment