Monday, June 27, 2016

Do Not Fight Against God... You Will Not Win

Scripture:

II Chronicles 13:12  "God is with us; He is our leader.  His priests with their trumpets will sound the battle cry against you.  People of Israel, do not fight against the Lord, the God of your ancestors, for you will not succeed".

Observation:

When Israel and Judah were lined up in battle array, Abijah, King of Judah sent word to Jeroboam, King of Israel, telling him that they were not serving God properly in Israel, therefore, God would give victory to Judah because they were serving the Lord properly.  He reminded Jeroboam that they had forsaken God and walked away from Him to serve other gods.  Then he tells him, "do not fight against the Lord...you will not succeed".

Application:

When you are doing things God's way and walking in the ways of the Lord, you can expect the Lord to have your back.  You can be bold and confident, knowing that God is with you and that He will deliver you.  When you walk with God and do things His way, you can look at your enemies and say, "don't fight against the Lord... you will not succeed".  Confidence like this comes from personal relationship.

Prayer:

Father, let me be more and more confident in You each day.  Help me to walk in complete obedience to You so I can have the confidence that I am doing Your will and that You will back up whatever I say. I want to know You more and more each day.  I want to do Your will in the earth.

I'm Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment