Monday, June 13, 2016

Life Goals

Scripture:

II Corinthians 5:9-10  "So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Corinthians about being in the body or out of the body.  Basically he is talking about living on this earth or being in heaven.  After some discourse about this, he says, "So we make it our goal to please him... For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ".  He said that since we will one day leave this body, we must make pleasing God our goal while in this body.

Application:

We all have goals that we are trying to achieve.  Our main goal, if we are smart, is to please God.  We will one day stand before the judgment seat of Christ and give an account for everything we did while on this earth.  Our life goal should be to please Him.  As for me, my life goal is to hear, "well done, good and faithful servant".

Prayer:

Father, I love You and want to please You with my life.  Let all that I say and do bring you glory.  Let my thoughts, words, actions and reactions please You.  You are my life and I love you and give my life to You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment