Thursday, June 16, 2016

The God of Turnarounds

Scripture:

I Chronicles 4:10  "Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, 'Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!  Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.'  And God granted his request".

Observation:

Jabez's mother named him that because he brought pain in childbirth to her.  Every time she called him, he was reminded that he brought her pain.  Finally, he decided he didn't want to have that over his life so he called out to the Lord and asked God to bless him and enlarge his territory so that he would be free of pain.

Application:

When someone wants out of pain bad enough, they will cry out to the Lord who is the master of turnarounds.  God will take a life that is messed up and turn it around when someone is desperate enough to cry out to Him.  We must come to the place where we desire God's blessing on our lives and cry out for it, then we will see the results hat Jabez saw.  He is still the God of turnarounds.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be blessed by You.  Bless every area of my life and let my life bring Your praise.  Expand my territory and keep me from harm.  Let me and my family be free from pain.  I am yours and want to bring You glory with and through my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment