Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Prophetic Worship and Wafare

Scripture:

I Chronicles 25:1  "David, together with the commanders of the army, set apart some of the sons of Asaph, Heman, and Jeduthun for the ministry of prophesying accompanied by harps, lyres, and cymbals.  here is the list of the men who performed this service".

Observation:

David and his army commanders set apart people to prophesy to music as their main service to the country and to the Lord.  I see here that men from the army were involved in appointing prophetic worshippers.  They apparently understood that prophetic worship was a key to them winning their battles.  It also shows me the importance of prophetic worship because they performed this service unto the Lord continually.

Application:

When warfare is happening, it's time to worship!  We need to realize that God responds to His people singing prophetically into situations.  It is not weird or strange to sing prophetically, but something that should be seen as powerful and necessary.  There were people appointed to do this full time because it was crucial for David's success  and the success of God's people.

Prayer:

Father, thanks for showing me the importance of prophetically worshiping You.  Help me to set aside time to seek You face and sing to You today.  Help me to make this a priority in my life again.  Let my life be a song of worship to You in all situations.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment