Monday, June 20, 2016

We Fight, God Delivers

Scripture:

I Chronicles 19:13  "Be strong, and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God.  The Lord will do what is good in His sight".

Observation:

Joab, one of David's leaders, had caught David's heart and seen how God worked on David's behalf.  When he was speaking to his warriors, he told them to be strong and fight bravely for the people and for God and that the Lord would do what was good in His sight.  He knew that when you are fighting for God, you are fighting a winning battle.

Application:

Many of us want God to deliver us from our enemies, but we don't want to fight.  Sometimes, we have to have the attitude of Joab and say, we are going to fight bravely and God will do the rest.  God always delivers His people, but He expects us to enter the fight and start fighting with all our heart, then He shows us and delivers.  He almost never delivers before we even enter the battle.

Prayer:

Father, help me not to walk away because there is a fight to fight.  Help me to fight the enemy with all my heart and look to You to deliver me.  I ask You to give me boldness to stand up for what needs standing up for and to say what needs said, being confident that You will show up and fight on my behalf as well.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment