Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Er

Scripture:

 I Chronicles 2:3  "The sons of Judah: Er, Onan and Shelah. These three were born to him by a Canaanite woman, the daughter of Shua. Er, Judah’s firstborn, was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death.”
‭‭
Observation:

The beginning of Chronicles gives us a lengthy genealogy.  In the midst of a list of people a mile long, the author stops for one short comment on one out of many,many people.  He says of Er that he was wicked in the Lord's sight, so the Lord put him to death.  His only record historically is that he was put to death for his wickedness.

Application:

What kind of historical record am I going to leave?  When I leave this planet, what will be said of my life?  We must live lives that will have a strong positive impact.  I want to not be known for my mistakes, but for helping people be followers of Jesus.  Keeping verses like this in front of us will keep us on the right path.

Prayer:

Father, You are incredible and I want to serve You well.  I don't want to be like Er, whose only record says that he was wicked and you killed him.  I want to serve You well and make Your name great in the earth.  You are worthy of my best and I want to give You that.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment