Monday, June 6, 2016

Open My Eyes

Scripture:

II Kings 6:17  "And Elisha prayed, 'Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see,' Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes. and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha".

Observation:

Elisha and his servant were stuck in a bad place and were totally encircled by their enemies with no hope of escape.  Their enemies had them ready to defeat them and death was coming quickly upon them.  When Elisha's servant told him the situation, he told the servant that those who were for them were more than those who were against them, then asked the Lord to open his eyes.  When his eyes were opened, he could see the flaming chariots of fire all around them and realized God's army was on the scene.

Application:

Sometimes when we feel encircled by the enemy and that we are at the end of our rope, we need to remember that those who are for us are greater than those who are against us.  We need to realize that the God of heaven is on our side and that we have nothing to fear.  God always has our back when we are doing His will and walking in obedience to Him.

Prayer:

Father, help me to not feel hopeless at times when it seems like the enemy is having his way around me.  Help me to open my eyes to see what is really going on.  Help me to know that You are with me at all times and that You are able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than what I can imagine.  Help me to see the flaming chariots that You are sending.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment