Friday, April 8, 2016

When God Fights For You

Scripture:

Joshua 10:42  "All these kings and their lands Joshua conquered in one campaign, because the Lord, the God of Israel, fought for Israel".

Observation:

When Joshua and the people of Israel walked into the Promised Land, there were lots of cities and regions that needed conquered.  As long as the people followed the ways and decrees of the Lord, He fought for them and they absolutely destroyed every enemy.  Instead of them fighting and God helping, God fought for them and they got to come along for the ride.

Application:

When God fights your battles, you have nothing to fear.  When God is fighting for you, every enemy will be destroyed.  God doesn't lose, but when His people don't follow Him and live by His commands, His hands are tied from wiping out their enemies.  When we walk in obedience to the voice of God, every enemy will be defeated because God won't just fight with us, but He will fight for us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live in total obedience to You at all times.  Help me to fulfill Your will for my life above all.  Teach me Your ways and Your will.  Help me to walk in humility before You.  I want You to fight on my behalf.  You never lose!

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment