Monday, April 18, 2016

Greatly Distressed

Scripture:

Acts 17:16  "While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols".

Observation:

I see here a couple words that describe how Paul felt when he realized the city of Athens, a large, influential city, was full of idols.  It says he was "Greatly Distressed".  It really bothered him inside, that this powerful city was given to idolatry.

Application:

When is the last time that the godlessness of my region caused me to be greatly distressed?  When Paul saw what was happening in the city, he was greatly distressed by it and we should be as well when we see the lost people of our cities.  May God allow us to be broken for the things that break His heart.  We need to be more "greatly distressed" about the condition of our country.

Prayer:

Father, work in my heart until I become greatly distressed about the spiritual condition of the United States of America.  I have been distressed enough to talk about it and the need for revival, but not deeply distressed enough to have it on my mind enough to actually do something about it.  Work in my heart and let me feel what You feel when You see lost, broken people.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment