Saturday, April 9, 2016

Confidence in God

Scripture:

Joshua 14:11-12  "I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle no as I was then.  Now give me this hill country that the Lord promised me that day.  You yourself heard then that the Anakites  were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the Lord helping me, I will drive them out just as he said."

Observation:

Caleb was now eighty five years old and asked Joshua for the land that was promised to him 45 years earlier.  He was given everything God had promised him, it just took 45 years for him to inherit his promise.  In this passage, Caleb was fully confident that at 85, with God's help, he could defeat the giants who were inhabiting the land he was promised.

Application:

Just like Caleb, we need to have confidence in God.  God can do absolutely anything.  Nothing is impossible for Him.  He is able to deliver what He promised, even if we think we are too old, too undereducated, too poor, etc.  God is God and we must have faith like Caleb that tells us that God will come through on His promises.

Prayer:

Father, increase my confidence in You.  Help me to hear Your voice clearly and to act accordingly.  Help me to realize that You are going before me and that You are able to defeat every enemy that stands between me and the promises You have given me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment