Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Memorial Stones

Scripture:

Joshua 4:7  "Tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord.  When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off.  These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever",

Observation:

When God brought the people of Israel over the Jordan River on dry ground, He told them to have one person from each tribe pick up a stone from the midst of the river bed and carry it on their shoulders until they reached the other side.  They were then to assemble the twelve stones as a memorial so that whenever someone asked what they meant, they would tell them what God had done for Israel.

Application:

We need to set up some memorial stones in our lives.  When God does something for us, we should make something that lets us look back and remember what the Lord has done.  Sometimes we are so easy to forget the great things the Lord has done for us.  When troubles come, it seems like we forget how He has brought us out before.  We need memorials to remind us of how He has worked in our lives in the past.

Prayer:

Father, help me to set up some memorials to what You have done in my life.  You have rescued me so many times personally.  You have provided incredibly so many times.  You have taken care of me and my family.  I want to say thank You, but I also want to share with others what all You have done for me.  Show me ways I can do this in my life as a memorial to your goodness.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment