Saturday, April 2, 2016

Remain in Him

Scripture:

John 15:7  "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you".

Observation:

Jesus told His disciples just before His betrayal and death, that if they would remain in him and His words would remain in them, they would ask for whatever they wished and it would be done by His father so that the Father would be glorified.

Application:

I think the focus here is on remaining more than anything else.  Jesus was telling us that we needed to remain, stay, continue, etc. in Him and His teachings.  When we do our part, He says we can ask whatever we want and He would do it for us.  Our part is in the remaining, He does the rest.  We can't make anything happen.  Our job is to remain, abide, stay, in Christ 24/7, then we will see His blessing in and on our lives.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to remain.  Teach me to stay in your words and with You throughout my day.  Let my life be a reflection of Your goodness and glory.  Let me abide in You and Your words abide in me all day every day.  I want my life to bear much fruit.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment