Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Scary Words From God

Scripture:

Judges 10:14 "God and cry out to the gods you have chosen.  Let them save you when you are in trouble".

Observation:

Israel was crying out to the Lord because the Ammonites were coming against them and they feared that they would be defeated.  God's answer to them is a scary answer.  The Lord responded by saying that He had already defeated them before, but that they had turned and begun worshiping the gods of the enemy and therefore, He would not save them.  They began to serve the gods of the people they had been given victory over and God was offended.

Application:

When we give in to the things God has set us free from, we are doing the same thing the children of Israel did in this passage.  When we go back to the things that we did in our past and rely on them instead of on God, we should expect to hear God say, "Let them save you when you are in trouble".  We cannot go back to the things God has set us free from or we will end up back in bondage when God has already given us the victory.

Prayer:

Father, enable me to serve You completely and never look back.  I want You to be my king, my God, my Lord, my Savior, and my defender.  I want to be on your side.  Help me to walk humbly before You all the days of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment