Thursday, April 7, 2016

Inquire of the Lord

Scripture:

Joshua 9:14  "The Israelites sampled their provisions but did not inquire of the Lord.  Then Joshua made a treaty with them to let them live, and the leaders of the assembly ratified it by oath".

Observation:

The Gibeonites were lying to Joshua and his people.  They had deceived them and caused them to make a treaty with them, even though God had told them not to make a treaty.  Joshua and his leaders did not inquire of the Lord on the matter, they looked at the evidence and made a decision without asking God.  This decision ended up causing the people Israel much grief.

Application:

God wants his children to come to Him and ask Him concerning the details of our lives.  Sometimes we don't want to bother God with our problems, we feel like we can work it out without Him.  Sometimes the evidence looks so strong that we don't feel like we need to ask God, but we always need to ask God.  His opinion matters most.  He knows what we need to do and will show us as we continue to seek Him.

Prayer:

Father, I need to hear Your voice clearly.  Speak to me and don't allow the seemingly obvious dictate my decisions.  I want Your input on every detail of my life.  Show me the way.  Holy Spirit I need You to speak to me and make Your will known in every area of my life.  I put You first in my life a long time ago.  Lead me into all truth I pray,

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment