Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Giving What You've Been Given

Scripture:

Joshua 23:6  "Be very strong; be careful to obey all that is written in the book of the Law of Moses, without turning aside to the right or the left",

Observation:

In the first chapter of Joshua, we read words that are almost exactly the same as these.  When God called Joshua and commissioned him to lead the people of Israel, He used the exact same words.  In this passage, now years later with tons of land conquered and now a powerful nation, Joshua gives the same speech he was given at the beginning of his ministry.  At the end of his life, he was still preaching what he was called to at the beginning of his ministry.

Application:

When God speaks to us, it never leaves us.  In most people's lives we see the same thing.  Whatever God speaks to us as we enter ministry, seems to be the thing we lean on the most and use the most in our ministry.  God gives us a life message that we are to give away our entire ministry.  For me, when God called me He spoke two words to me, "no compromise".  I'm sure the last messages in my life will be laced with a message of no compromise.

Prayer:

Father, help me to give away what You have given me.  Help me to communicate effectively all that You have given me.  Empower my life and cause me to communicate Your word with passion and power.  Help me to follow You wholeheartedly.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment