Thursday, April 28, 2016

Giving in to Nagging

Scripture:

Judges 16:15-16  "Then she said to him, 'How can you say, 'I love you', when you won't confide in me?  This is the third time you have made a fool of me and haven't told me the secret of your great strength.'  With such nagging she prodded him day after day until he was sick to death of it".

Observation:

Delilah nagged Samson and told him that he really didn't love her because he wouldn't confide in her.  she continued nagging him until he broke down and told her, thus destroying his life and ministry.  He was placed in a position of having to please God or please her and the nagging got to him.

Application:

People will sometimes try to manipulate us by nagging, begging, saying "I love you", etc.  Our commitment to God must be strong enough to endure the nagging of the enemy to lower our morals and do what we know is wrong.  Our relationship with God must be stronger than our relationship with any other person.  We cannot give in the enemy, because when we do, the results are devastating.  We must hold on, be strong and continue to serve the Lord, even when others are pulling us away.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, you are my strength and my redeemer.  You are my rock and my fortress.  Help me to follow You and You alone.  Help me not to give in to nagging, manipulation, or anything that would try to pull me away from fulfilling Your will for my life.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment