Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Stirred Up

Scripture:

Judges 13:24-25  "The woman gave birth to a boy and named him Samson.  He grew and the Lord blessed him, and the Spirit of the Lord began to stir him while he was in Maheneh Dan, between Zorah and Eshtaol".

Observation:

Here, as Samson is being described, it tells us that he grew and that the Lord blessed him.  Then it says that the Lord "began to stir him".  God began to do something in him that stirred him up and caused him to want to fulfill his calling.

Application:

God will "stir" His people and put a vision inside of them, to get them ready to do what they are called to do.  God stirred up Samson, and He still stirs up people today.  When God wants something done in the earth, He will stir someone up in the their spirit until they go out and do what He desires.  We need to be asking God to "stir us up" until we accomplish His will in the earth.

Prayer:

Father, stir my heart until I do everything You have asked me to do.  Don't let me be satisfied with less than Your will for my life.  Stir me up to do Your will!  Stir me up to accomplish everything You have put me here for.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment