Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My Only Aim

Scripture:

Acts 20:23-24  "I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me.  However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace".

Observation:

Paul was getting prophetic words in every city that he was going to be thrown into prison and that he would go through serious hardships.  His reply to those giving these words was simply that it didn't matter to him if he lived or died, he had only one aim in life... to finish the race and complete all that Jesus wanted him to.  He considered his life as worth nothing.

Application:

I want to live life like the Paul.  His only aim was to finish the race God had set before him.  I want to live a life of complete abandonment to my Lord and Savior.  When we live that way, we will see God work in our lives in powerful ways.

Prayer:

Father, let my life shine for you.  Help me to aim for the right things in life, your will.  Help me to hear and know Your will at all times and keep me on the path to finish the course you have laid out for me.  Don't let my life get off track.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment