Friday, April 1, 2016

Knowing Jesus

Scripture:

John 10:14  "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me".

Observation:

Jesus was sharing with His followers and comparing His role to that of a shepherd and their role as that of sheep.  In this passage, He tells the that He knows His sheep and that His sheep know Him.

Application:

Do we really know Jesus?  How well do we really know Him?  Sheep know that voice of their shepherd and follow his commands.  A stranger cannot lead them because they know the one they are suppose to be following.  How well do we know that voice of our shepherd?  Are we tuned in to His voice so that when he whispers, we respond.  We need to seek our Lord until we KNOW Him.

Prayer:

Jesus, I want to know You more.  I want to know Your voice and I don't want to follow the voice of another.  Help me to follow completely when You speak, but also adjust my hearing because I want to know that I know when I hear from You.  Let my ears be tuned to Your voice and let my heart follow You completely.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment