Thursday, April 21, 2016

Sent By God

Scripture:

Acts 26:17-18  "I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles.  I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me".

Observation:

Paul was giving his defense before King Agrippa and telling him the story of his life and how he started preaching Jesus and being part of the Way.  In his defense, he tells what Jesus told him when he first encountered Christ on the road to Damascus.  Jesus told him that he was sent to open people's eyes, turn them from darkness, turn them from Satan to God, so that they might be forgiven for their sins and be sanctified.

Application:

When God call us, it always involves other people.  Paul was sent by God to do the things mentioned above, but we are all called to serve people in some form or another.  He had a very specific calling.  Within his personal calling I believe we can see the overall call of God.  He wants us to...open eyes and help turn people so that they can receive forgiveness and be sanctified.  This is the overall calling of all of God's people.

Prayer:

Jesus, You said, "As the Father sent me, so I send you".  Help me to realize that I have been sent to open people's eyes and to turn people from the power of Satan to the power of God.  I want to see that happen more and more in my life.  Help me to focus on what is important to You and to accomplish Your will with my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment