Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Finding Life

Scripture:

Proverbs 8:35 "For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord".

Observation:

Proverbs 8 is talking about wisdom and gives many references to gaining wisdom and not having wisdom. This one tells us that whoever finds wisdom finds life and receives favor from the Lord. In finding wisdom, you find life and God's favor. What better is there to seek for than life and favor from God? When you have those two, you have amazing benefits.

Application:

The application is simply seeking wisdom as a precious jewel. Wisdom comes from experience and living life. In order to find wisdom, one must do one of two things: 1. experience a lot of things. 2. Seek out the advice of those who have more experience. The second is a much easier way to live! I want to be wise and live life to the fullest as well as have the favor of God on my life, therefore I must seek out wisdom.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to seek out wisdom. Help me to continually seek it out, that I may be wise and lead myself, me family and my church with wisdom and confidence. I want to live a life "well-lived" and with much wisdom. I want your favor on my life. Teach me wisdom and help me to seek out the wise.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment