Saturday, December 18, 2010

Renewed

Scripture:

Ephesians 4:23 "and be renewed in the spirit of your mind".

Observation:

Paul tells the Ephesians that they should put off the old man and put on the new man. The way to do it is by being renewed in the spirit of your mind. Romans says that we are transformed by the renewing of the mind. We have been trained by this world system to think in certain ways. As a child of God, we must begin to think differently, then we will live differently.

Application:

Stinkin thinkin never got anyone anywhere! To really grow in the Lord, we must be renewed in the way we think. WE must begin to think like our Father thinks. We must train our brain to think right, then we will act right, live right and be right. It all starts with a change of mind. I want to dwell on the word of God and live as it says I can. I want to truly have the mind of Christ in every situation.

Prayer:

Lord, help me retrain my brain to think, act, and react as You would. I want to be more like You. Let Your word determine the path of my life and the direction of my steps. May I think the thoughts You want me to. Help me to focus on what your word says about about me instead of how I feel at the time. I want to walk by faith, not by sight.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment